My idea about London is...

Fix the Parking downtown

Get Impark's monopoly under control. Downtown workers are being severely gouged and considering we are the only people who shop downtown (due to lack of parking) we need to be cut a break so we can spend more money at stores in the core rather than on ashphalt spaces run by an uncaring company. Parking rates have increased by 40-50% since 2007. My lot has gone from $69.00 incl taxes in June 2007 to $118 for June 2011. Impark's lots are poorly maintained and managed. The only thing they fix is broken cash collector machines and ticket issuing machines

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    snowellsnowell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LondonstudentLondonstudent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The city should build a large multistory parking structure & force IMPARK to either sell off their lots to new development or reduce their rates to stay competitive. Or at the very lest make a bi-law.

Or you could just park five minutes walk away, & stop complaining :)

• Leila PaulLeila Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. In fact, it's a must. How? I don't know. Maybe perimeter parking and take like trams into the city core where it's primarily pedestrian.

Anyone ever been to Mackinac island in Michigan? I used to go there and they filmed a romantic movie there. No cars were allowed and it gorgeous - a step back in time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base